Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cheese!


Was busy taking some photos of frames for my mom's upcoming website, and Tommy desperately wanted me to take his picture. "Cheese, Mommy!" he kept saying over and over while tugging on the camera strap. "Do you want me to take your picture?" "Yeah."

While he posed and played I snapped a few shots - capturing a mischievous grin...


A budding driver...


A wistful 'cheese?'


I am constantly amazed at how he grows - not just in size but in personality and ability. I perpetually have to remind myself that 'he's only two'. (well, 27 months last Sunday, but who's counting?) I've lost count of his vocabulary, he strings sentences together like a pro. It's like having a conversation with a short adult who's apt to burst into tears of frustration at any given moment. Then I again have my little boy, needful of hugs and kisses and bedtime stories.

We've definitely entered the 'I do it myself' stage of toddlerhood. Getting dressed, brushing teeth, carrying his bag of water clothes for daycare - everything is a challenge to be surmounted. At least he hasn't fought me for the steering wheel yet! Up and down the stairs - refusing to crawl or scoot - walking up AND down just like a big kid (scaring the daylights out of the rest of us) he just has to do it himself. It's nice to know that he has a good, strong independent streak, but I feel twinges of sadness that it's just a hint of the day when he can do everything himself, and won't need Mommy or Daddy to do it for him. Long way in the future I hope!


blog comments powered by Disqus